I saw this survey at Robyn's a while back, and because I'm feeling lazy today, I'm answering it:
1. What does your cell phone look like? It's a Nokia that was free with my Cingular service. I got on the cell phone bandwagon late, but I lurve my snazzy black and silver phone, and I even used it the other day to call Kevin from the grocery store to see whether he wanted me to pick up something for lunch--something I never thought I'd need to do.
2. Do you know what time you were born? Yes, because it's the time school let out when I was a kid: 2:45 p.m.
3. What do you want more than anything right now? A magic fairy to swoop in after Christmas, take down all the decorations, and put them away in an organized fashion.
4. What do you miss? Friends who aren't around anymore.
5. Hot dogs or hamburgers? Hamburgers, definitely. A hamburger with bleu cheese is one of my favorite indulgences.
6. Do you get scared in the dark? Oh, sure. I hate complete dark and prefer to sleep with some sort of light on, much to Kevin's annoyance.
7. The last person to make you cry? Daniel, indirectly (that is, he didn't do anything to make me cry--I was being a sentimental wuss).
8. Hair/eye color you prefer on opposite sex? I don't think they've ever mattered to me that much. I did go through a streak of redheaded men when I was younger, but I think that was coincidence. Redheads are pretty darn sexy, though.
9. If you could eat anything right now, what would it be? A really good fruitcake. With the nut allergy I developed a few years ago, I can't eat anything with pecans, and I miss fruitcake and pecan pie. Well, not that I could eat them now anyway, with The Diabetes and all.
10. Who is the last person who was mad at you? Kevin, who was upset that I was impugning his skill at connecting cables for the home theater.
11. Do you speak another language? A little French and a smattering of Italian.
12. What was the first gift anyone ever got you? Uh, baby gifts, I guess? The first one I remember is the tiny rocking chair my grandma gave me the Christmas I was three. Having my own chair was a big deal to me. When Daniel turned three, I fixed it up, painted it, and made a new cushion for it, and he rocked in it while watching TV.
13. Would you fall in love with someone knowing he or she was taken? If I did, I wouldn't act on it. I don't think. I hope I wouldn't.
14. Best way to tell people how much they mean to you? As I've gotten older, I find saying "You mean a lot to me" to mean less than actions showing you value someone else.
15. Your weaknesses? Lord, too many to list. I suspect impatience is at the root of most of them, though.
16. Ever made a prank call? After we both read Harriet the Spy, my friend and I decided there was something suspicious about a small business in a brick house up the street. We'd call them pretending to be adults and, uh . . . ask stupid questions trying to find out what kind of business it was. We never did find out anything.
17. If you could get plastic surgery, what would it be? A height insert.
18. What do you get complimented about the most? My mad editing skilz.
19. What do you want for your birthday? I don't know--it's almost a year away! I can't plan that far ahead.
20. How many kids do you want? I'm happy with the one I have.
21. Do you wish on stars? Falling stars, yes.
22. Which finger/s is/are your favorite? I've never, ever thought about my favorite finger (who writes these questions??), but I suppose my middle finger has come in handy many times.
23. When did you last cry? Didn't I answer this question in #7? OK, I lie. I cried last night while listening to Christmas music when "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" came on. That song does me in every time I hear it, for reasons too long to explain here.
24. What is your most embarrassing CD on the shelf? I'm almost too embarrassed to say, but I actually own a Yanni CD. I've never listened to it, but because of the person who gave it to me, I can't bring myself to throw it away.
25. If you were another person, would you be friends with yourself? Sure, why not?
26. Have you ever told a secret you swore never to tell? Yes, but for a good reason.
27. Do looks matter? In a general sense? Yes, in the sense that making an effort to look nice reflects your opinion of yourself.
28. How do you release your anger? Stewing, fretting, and muttered swearing for smaller upsets; for the big stuff, I might resort to throwing objects, stomping my foot, and generally acting like an asshole.
29. Do you trust people too easily? I'm afraid so.
30. Favorite toy as a child? The dollhouses I made from shoeboxes.
31. Where were you 6 hours ago? Sleeping.
32. Who will be your next kiss? Kevin or Daniel.
33. Anything pink within 10 feet of you? Yes, a hot pink felt-tipped pen.
34. What are you wearing right now? Tan velour sweatpants (I'm ensconced in velour!) and a white T-shirt for exercising.
35. Last sporting event you watched? Jeopardy! What? It's competitive question answering, ergo a sport. In my world, anyway.
36. What is/was your favorite class? I liked most of my classes in graduate school. One I enjoyed a lot was a class in the history of socialism and communism, but that could have been because I had a wild crush on the professor.
37. How old are your parents? My dad is 77, and my mom is 69.
38. Do you miss anyone? Yes, quite a few people.
39. Were you an honor roll student in school? Yes.
40. What do you know about the future? It's inevitable.
41. Do you have a tan? Bwah! Good one.
42. How old do you want to be when you have kids? I was 29 when I had Daniel. I wish I'd been a little younger.
43. Last time you got stopped or pulled over by an officer? Honestly, I don't remember. I've never gotten a ticket for a moving violation (that I can remember, anyway).
44. How do you like your drinks? Caffeinated.
45. Are you someone's best friend? I hope so.
What a shame Marvin Gaye had such a short life. I'm sitting here listening to a CD of his, and the man had a voice like an angel.
I'm still dreading the prospect of giving myself shots, but if I have to, I have to. And as Von pointed out the other day, it could be worse (heh). OK, I'm off to exercise and get those damn BG levels down. Ugh.