Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nothing like finding out just how stupid you are, especially on a hellishly hot day. I've had a headache all afternoon, and not even the Ibuprofen God is touching it.

I wanted to get out of the house this afternoon, so I went down to Mayberry to visit Jon and Suzie, my friends who run the secondhand bookstore there. After hugs from both and being plyed with coffee, I told them I'd broken up with Kevin. Yes, you guessed it: They weren't surprised. Then Jon said "Getting high shouldn't be a lifestyle," and I was surprised. I was aware Kevin did occasionally, but he knew I wasn't crazy about it, and when he was unemployed, I informed him he'd better not use my money for it. He agreed--or so I thought. I was SO fucking naive. I'll just say that he bought frequently, and with guess whose money? No wonder he never had the incentive to look for a job.

My head is pounding, and I don't know whether it's still the headache or a combination of fury and embarrassment. If I have to interact with Kevin, I might wind up running him through with the bread knife. I should just go back to bed, huh?

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Wow, that's awful. I'm so glad you have put a stop to this mess. If anything it should convince you that you were never IN a relationship. I'm always going to wish they would have said something to you; you never needed to move north for Kevin's job prospects.

I suppose there's no point in confronting him. Without a job, there's no way you have any recourse. I'm fantasizing about you taking him to small claims court for reimbursement on the oral surgery fees. He deserved to stay in pain or find some other way out of it.

How many more days are left?

Greg said...

You mean he was holding all this time, and didn't even have the decency to share? Selfish prick! ;-)